Lightspeed is growing quickly and we’re looking for a Database Administrator to join our global Data & AI team. As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for supporting Lightspeed’s data operations and infrastructure underlying all of Lightspeed’s products. As we continue our growth you will also play a key role in ensuring scalability of our data layer systems.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Design and architect database operational solutions with the specific goal of increasing the standardization, automation, repeatability, cost-efficiency and consistency of operational tasks
- Use automation extensively to design, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our product development teams
- Manage day-to-day operations related to database systems, such as monitoring, backup, performance tuning, and failure handling
- Work with developers and other DREs/SREs to design and build scalable and reliable cost efficient cloud infrastructure
- Adhere to and advocate for best practices, including Infrastructure as code, monitoring, high availability, disaster recovery, security, and DevOps methodologies
- Provide timely assistance and remediation solutions during critical situations and production incidents to help resolve service problems (you will be on call for periods of time)
- Create tools and automation to improve database administration and management.
- Help on schema design, implementation, and data migration of database systems.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Strong experience as a DBA with various RDBMS
- Strong experience with database storage engine and primary-replica architecture
- Strong customer-focused mindset
- Proficiency developing in one or more languages such as Python, Golang, Shell scripting and/or others
- Proficiency with relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Proficiency with database proxying layer such ProxySQL
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and stay focused
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Linux Systems
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Infrastructure as code with Terraform
- Experience with Cloud cost optimization
- Experience in securing resources and detecting exploits
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI,Travis CI, Concourse, Spinnaker, Harness and Terraform
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and architecture
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!