Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for an Equity Plan Administrator to join our Legal team in North America. You will help manage and scale a world class global equity program. You will be a key player in the equity management processes and workflows.
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the day-to-day activities related to equity administration in Shareworks
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of equity data including the capitalization table
- Process all activity including grants, exercises, and share issuances
- Maintain accurate participant data, terminations, and track employee mobility, flagging tax implications, and other items as required
- Ensure global equity reporting and compliance with international tax and regulatory requirements across multiple jurisdictions
- Process option exercises and share-based award settlements in compliance with current regulations
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual activity reconciliations, respecting regulatory deadlines
- Support an incredible participant experience including addressing participant inquiries, creating and managing educational materials, offering equity presentations and maintaining our internal equity FAQ
- Create grant files and set up grant documents and acceptance process for new hires, promotions and ongoing grants
- Create and implement efficient and scalable processes, system automation and integrations for equity administration, reporting, global tax compliance and mobility
- Serve as liaison between Lightspeed and third party vendor partners on all equity-related issues including exercises, Insider trades, data transmission errors, and daily inquiries
- Prepare equity summary for board meetings to include new grants for new hires, refresh and promotions
- Audit and manage user permissions, roles and sharing rules
- Collaborate with Finance and Payroll on global tax and corporate reporting obligations; ensure they are met on time
- Support the financial reporting team with their monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, ensuring that the expensing data is provided in both an accurate and timely manner
What you bring to the team:
- Post-Secondary Education
- 3 years + of related experience
- Advanced Excel, Word, presentation software skills
- Ability to pivot between equity administration, participant equity education, global equity compliance and equity taxation
- Familiarity with global compliance and tax
- Experience with equity plan management solutions (Shareworks experience is a plus)
Who you are:
- You are a self-starter; able to work independently
- You demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- You provide strong customer service, commitment to accuracy, and high-quality work.
- You’re a team player who is ready to roll up your sleeves and do the job right.
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Immediate access to health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid parental leave top-up program
- Telemedicine online platform
- Mental health online platform (including counselling & coaching services)
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Paid volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!