The partnership team at Lightspeed is one of a kind! We are the commercial team with a very large focus and strong connection to the product and its newest features.
About the role:
As a Partner Development Manager, you are responsible for the recruitment and development of new commercial partnerships that drive merchants to Lightspeed. Specific to this role, the Partner Development Manager will be focused on the recruitment of payments partners to join the Lightspeed payments partner program.
A PDM’s primary focus is the recruitment of new payment reseller partners to join the Lightspeed partner program. Each partner may have an individual Go-To-Market program that aligns the prospects’ goals and incentivizes them to bring retailers and restaurateurs to the Lightspeed POS & Payments platform. As a PDM you will be responsible for hunting new prospects, building and managing a pipeline, presenting and clearly articulating Lightspeed’s value proposition. You will need to have a deep understanding of a potential partner’s goals, Lightspeed’s products and the point of sale & payments industry. A successful partner is engaged with Lightspeed, refers to consistent business and represents our products appropriately to our target market.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing and managing a prospect pipeline from initial contact to a producing partner
- Sourcing new reseller partnerships that lead to month over month business to Lightspeed
- Develop and negotiate commercial partnerships that are mutually beneficial, which drive new merchants to Lightspeed
- Achieving a revenue quota as defined by management
- Manage a pipeline with providing monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline reporting and forecasts to leadership
- Manage/oversee the onboarding of new partners, including training, integration and go to market strategy
- Ensure smooth handover to the allocated Partner Trainer, Partner Growth Manager and Partner Marketing Manager
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and act as an advocate for those partners within Lightspeed
- Responsible for delivering defined ROI, key learning’s, reporting and evaluation of partnership impact to drive market share growth, brand awareness and sales
- Strong understanding of current trends, patterns, and events in the industry
- Deep understanding of the payments industry with positioning of Lightspeed payments to prospective partners
- Attend marketing and industry events
- Be a subject matter expert in the POS and Payments domain to understand how Lightspeed’s suite of products can be applied to all stages of our customer’s retail or restaurant operations
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
Who you are:
- You have the ability to train, motivate, and foster relationships with potential partners
- You have the passion to thrive in a competitive and fast-moving environment
- You love agility and are able to adapt to changes and dynamics of a growing company
- You always carry a positive attitude
- You are willing to travel throughout North America as required
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 3+ years of business development and partnerships experience
- High degree of initiative and self-direction
- Experience in B2B relationship building skills
- Ability to develop comprehensive reseller growth strategies
- Software sales experience preferred
- Experience in payment processing is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and group presentation skills
- Fluency in English and local language of the assigned territory
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- SaaS sales experience
- Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Retail or Restaurant experience
- Payment processing background with an understanding of types of payment companies and what makes an ideal Lightspeed payments reseller
- Sales trained (Sandler, SPIN etc.)
- Fluency in other languages to English
What’s in It for You?
- Opportunity to join a growing team, in a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Work with a team of incredibly talented and forward-thinking people!
- Work for a team that values hard work, and knows how to celebrate the wins
- Work for a company and team that encourages and nurtures personal and professional development
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
In short, an opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!