Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is looking for a full-time intermediate Quality Test Developer to join our Amsterdam team. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for ensuring software quality through continuous involvement in our Software processes. You will use your experience in test planning and execution in an agile environment, paired with strong technical, troubleshooting, and analytical skills. If you have a passion for quality and want to help deliver software that solves real-world business problems for customers around the globe, we believe we should talk.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: Your love for software testing is matched with your strong technical background. You are well versed with the unusual changes that come with evaluating and communicating Agile software quality. You love testing and you are game with collaborating with a distributed development team to build products that solve real-world problems. You believe that quality is a mindset, not a job description, and know how to work within an agile team to raise the bar.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Writing automated tests using common test automation design patterns.
- Review automated feature testing and identify risks and gaps in coverage.
- Perform root-cause analysis of issues.
- Define and implement automated framework needs and improvements.
- Design and develop automated testing standards and practices.
- Develop manual and automated test cases to increase regression coverage as well as new functionality testing as part of a squad project team.
- Execute manual and automated test cases, including exploratory testing as needed.
- Coaching and motivating quality specialists with regards to test automation.
- Working with the team on implementing and executing performance testing.
- Work closely with the squad stakeholders to maintain a high level of product quality.
- Actively participate in scrum ceremonies, providing feedback, time estimates, and identifying areas of risk.
- Contribute to the ongoing efforts to improve the integration of automation suites to the CI/CD pipeline.
- Research and recommend innovative ideas to automate to reduce manual effort and increase the code coverage.
- Be an advocate for quality.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in the design and development of scalable, robust, and maintainable automated test solutions.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Python or similar scripting languages.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail.
- Familiar with GitHub, CI/CD tools, branching strategies, and containers (Docker).
- Experience with writing SQL queries and testing databases.
- Experience in automating services (API).
- Experience with performance testing (Jmeter).
- Track record of showing excellent judgment in test planning, issue escalation, and release decisions.
- And the most important; Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with integration of automation suites in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience in test data management.
- Experience with PCI compliance systems.
- Working knowledge of eCom terminology and concepts.
- Experience with mobile app test automation.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!