Lightspeed is growing quickly and we’re looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join our Montreal-based Development team. The primary role for this position is to work on our cloud-based software, Lightspeed Retail.
If you have worked on large projects and your background is in Java or in any other object-oriented language, and you’re a natural-born problem-solver and always game to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, this might be the role for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Design, build and develop ETL pipelines consolidating various data sources (streaming or batch) into application specific Data Warehouses
- Design, build and develop Analytical and Business Intelligence solutions
- Prototype and develop solutions using statistical methods; data mining, machine learning, AI, etc.
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs with estimates
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a continuous integration + continuous deployment environment
- Assist QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Senior level experience developing reliable, highly available and scalable software
- Fluent with Java and Python
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
- Proven skills in server side resource profiling, optimization and debugging
- Strong interest/experience in data mining, machine learning, statistical methods, AI, etc.
- Strong proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- BS/BA in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Research or work experience in AI, automation and/or Data Engineering
- Good understanding of Design Patterns
- Experience in a continuous delivery model
- Experience in building APIs
- Experience with event based and messaging systems
- DevOps background
- Advanced degree Computer Science, Statistics or related fields