Senior Java Developer
Lightspeed is growing quickly and we’re looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our global Data team. As a Senior Java Developer, you will be responsible for supporting Lightspeed’s data operations and infrastructure underlying all of Lightspeed’s products. As we continue our growth you will also play a key role in ensuring scalability of our data management systems and practices.
If you have worked on large projects and your background is in Java and you’re a natural-born problem-solver and always game to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, this might be the role for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Design and architecture our data systems; data sourcing, accessibility, security, quality, governance, discovery, and integration into business processes
- Design, build and develop ETL pipelines consolidating various data sources (streaming or batch) into application specific Data Warehouses
- Design, build and develop high throughput systems
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs with estimates
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a continuous integration + continuous deployment environment
- Production environment monitoring and support (team manages its own production)
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Senior level experience developing reliable, highly available and scalable software
- Strong Java expertise
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Proven skills in server side resource profiling, optimization and debugging
- Strong proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience writing maintainable unit and functional test suites
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- BS/BA in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience in automation and/or Data Engineering
- Experience in a continuous delivery model
- Experience in building APIs
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!