Lightspeed is looking for a disciplined and energetic Senior Program Manager to manage a variety of high-priority projects that span almost all departments across the organization. As a Senior Program Manager, you will collaborate with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to plan, manage, and deliver program objectives that are critical to Lightspeed’s company and business goals. If you’ve mastered the art of bringing people together to execute complex programs, and live in the details but can still see the view from the top, this might be the job for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Lead program management activities from start to finish, including steering committees, planning, risk & mitigation and resource management for projects you own
- Align with overall product development objectives, and adopt the program framework to improve efficiency and effectiveness for delivery of releases
- Work with internal clients and stakeholders to ensure coordination and transparency in project scope, goals, deliverables, tasks and resource requirements
- Manage the expectations and involvement of multiple stakeholders on each project, define risk management plans, oversee impact and interdependencies between teams
- Leverage and contribute to enhancing tools, processes and practices required to enable delivering against organization’s quality objectives
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on ongoing programs/projects; including status, timelines, KPIs, risks, and issues
- Assist the Director of Program Management in defining and improving processes, project information architecture, and release plans
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Deep project management experience, ideally in software, with a track record of successfully delivering large-scale programs on time and meeting all objectives
- Experience delivering projects that span cross-organization, including go-to-market (sales, support, marketing, etc.)
- Experience with Agile and/or Lean Methodology
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and managing stakeholders (at all levels) across the organization
- Amazing organizational, time management, and multitasking abilities
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Team player with the ability to influence positive outcomes
- Passion for technology
- Positive, can-do attitude
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Project Management certification (PMP, PgMP, etc.)
- Lean / Six Sigma certification
- Related industry experience (POS, payments, ecommerce, etc.)
Who is Lightspeed?
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD).
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.