As a Senior Software Developer, reporting to the Software Development Team Lead, you will impact a software development team contributing to the accelerated growth of our Omnichannel Retail product. This team is responsible for our Retail platform’s Payments integrations with multiple partners.
You will provide technical mentorship and support our teams in accomplishing the impossible!
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in the industry, you will be part of a coach cross-functional an agile team that contribute to building Lightspeed’s omnichannel Retail product
- Providing mentoring to your team and technical guidance.
- Taking part in daily agile ceremonies, brainstorm on innovative ideas that challenge the status quo and implement solutions
- Acting as an advocate for ownership & highest code quality, as well as contributions to the health of the infrastructure
- Raising the bar and elevate your teams by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvements and progress
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Extensive experience developing reliable, highly available and scalable software
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Laravel and React
- Strong understanding of basic encryption and security principles
- Knowledge of modern cloud infrastructures and tools, such as AWS and/or GCP and Docker
- Experience with relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Experience in building APIs
- Experience developing robust and scalable microservices
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design
- Good approach to testing quality of code
- Strong understanding of continuous delivery model
- Knowledge of the payments industry
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with event based and messaging systems
- Ability to deploy and maintain software in a production environment
- Familiarity with privacy frameworks, rules and principles related to PII (e.g. GDPR)
Who you are:
- A leader and a coach, someone with strong people skills
- A teacher and a mentor, who loves to help individuals learn and reach their potential
- A problem solver who doesn’t shy away from tackling complexity
- Decisive and able to handle ambiguity
- Someone with strong will to learn, grow and get out of comfort zone
- Able to take initiative and think outside the box
- A person with great energy and passion for technology
What’s in it for you:
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people leadership roles
- Full suite of benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!