Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
As a Software Engineer in the Developer Experience squad you will be supporting Lightspeed’s Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our advanced hospitality commerce platform.
For this role specifically, you will be joining the team focused on improving and creating the best in class infrastructure and tooling that enables and empowers our development team to deliver great features to our customers continuously:
- CI/CD configuration for deployments of existing and new microservices to the kubernetes clusters
- Optimize the development workflow with the ability to create ephemeral environments for any PR
- Build automation and tooling to remove waiting times, boost productivity and assure a well thought through experience when working on the product
We are looking for a software or dev ops engineer who is motivated to work on the interface between development and dev-ops. You will join a healthy and collaborative team, continuously improving our engineering practices, delivering state-of-the-art technology, all while keeping it fun. Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences hospitality!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Improve the experience while working on our product
- Develop clean and highly maintainable code
- Extend our continuous integration / continuous deployment environment
- Extend your very own skills by learning from and growing with the team
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, etc.
- Fluent in Python and one other language like Go or Java
- A solid foundation of knowledge in computer science
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Circle CI, Gitlab CI, Github Actions, etc.)
- Good grasp of networking fundamentals (HTTP, TCP, TLS, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Computer Sciences degree or equivalent
Who you are
- You are a team player who likes to contribute to discussions and share your own experience.
- You are self-motivated and can function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- You are always seeking improvement and progress.
- You are able to approach a problem methodically to identify and resolve technical issues.
- You are eager to make decisions and not afraid of making mistakes.
What’s in it for you
- Become part of the fantastic global hospitality team
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture, and the possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skillset
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Excellent benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!