As a part of Lightspeed you will be contributing to initiatives that will expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our Retail platform. Your work will also have a direct impact on supporting new and existing customers on their quest to enter the cloud era. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities! For this role, you can be located anywhere in the Netherlands, Germany or the UK.
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices in a multi-location, multidisciplinary team to empower and accelerate product development
- Work with developers and other SRE to design and build scalable and reliable Cloud cost efficient infrastructure
- Write and maintain architectural, stakeholder, policy and processes documentation
- Adhere to and advocate for best practices, including Infrastructure as Code, monitoring, high availability, disaster recovery, security, and DevOps methodologies
- Provide timely assistance and remediation solutions during critical situations and production incidents to help resolve service problems (You will be on call for periods of time)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Quality and reusability oriented
- Experience delivering scalable CI/CD solutions to organizations
- Good knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices, software engineering tools, processes, methods and testing
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Linux Systems
- Experience with datastores
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt and Infrastructure as code with Terraform
*Not sure if you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
Nice to have, but not necessary:
- Experience in securing resources and detecting exploits
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI,Travis CI, Harness and Terraform
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and architecture
And what about the rest?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!