Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Software Developer II to join our Golf product group in Canada to support our future initiatives. You will contribute to initiatives that will expand our reach within the golf market while enhancing our cloud based management software.
For this role, you can be located in Canada +1/-1h from EST time zone.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate in the architecture of our codebase for scaling & the future of the company.
- Report to the Development Manager and have regular interactions with Product Managers, Product Designers, Customer Service as well as Platform Teams.
- Actively take part in daily agile ceremonies and share new ideas based on your knowledge and experience.
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress.
What you need to bring:
Our Golf software offers a competitive advantage in an industry where pen and paper is still a thing. A strong integration with our POS and Restaurant systems make it a de-facto choice for golf clubs who want a cloud- based centralized management software for their facility.
We're looking for a Senior Software Developer who has experience with the following:
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails or willingness to learn
- Critical thinking regarding performances and architecture.
- Experience delivered product features.
- Excellent communication skills.
Nice to have, but not necessary
- Experience mentoring or coaching team members.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform, or Docker.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and practices.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of full remote work.
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday.
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- Development of high traffic products, used at the global scale.
- Exposure to modern and proven technology.
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set.
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
…. And enjoy a range of benefits that will keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry.
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners).
- Unlimited paid time off policy.
- Health insurance.
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year.
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents.
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services.
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!