- We work in small focused agile product squads where every member of the team can contribute ideas and shape features from the early conception right through to delivery. We’re continually developing and improving our tools and processes in order to deliver better product as well as team quality and productivity.
- You'll work alongside other brilliant engineers to craft robust systems and beautiful interfaces. You'll write clear, performant, testable and elegant code and be a strong advocate for modern development practices. Collaborate with others in technical discussions, code reviews and architecture reviews.
- You'll have the opportunity to work on different areas of multiple products depending on your skillset and preference. You may get familiar with our flagship Point of Sale and back-office web application, which we are currently splitting out into a microservice architecture built using Node and Golang. We have a game changing roadmap of current and new products and projects in the pipeline with many exciting development opportunities such as working on third party software and hardware integrations, native application development, API development and machine learning applications.
- At least 2 years commercial experience as a software engineer
- Collaborative, test-driven, and agile full-stack development
- PHP7, Node or GoLang
- Advanced SQL (MySQL, Postgres)
- Design patterns such as OOD, MVC and SOLID principles
- Analytical mind with strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- PHPUnit, Jest, Jasmine, Karma, Selenium, and other testing frameworks/tools
- Typescript, Flowtype
- Yii, Laravel, Symfony or other PHP framework
- Redis, Memcached, DynamoDB and other NoSQL data stores
- Experience building microservices (Node, Golang, Serverless framework, API Gateway, Amplify, GraphQL)
- Familiarity with the whole AWS ecosystem (EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, ElasticBeanstalk, SQS, SNS, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with native iOS/Android app development in Obj-C, Swift, React Native, Java, Kotlin a plus
- Security and cryptography (including OAuth 2.0 and XSS countermeasures)
- Brew up? We have a full self-service cafe set up in the office featuring coffee from Australia’s finest roasters (think Mecca, Sample, Industry Beans etc.), with our very own coffee experts floating around to teach you a trick or two
- Gelato Messina fridge stocked with new flavours on a regular basis
- Fully stocked fridge of different craft beers #PoweredByLightspeed
- Work hard and play hard with table tennis and foosball
- Organised activities such as hackathons, board game nights
- Awesome office space located in Chippendale, NSW
- Flexible working arangements
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!