Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Team Lead, Sales Engineering in order to improve Lightspeed’s sales productivity and deal flow by providing technical expertise for complex solutions. The primary duty of the Team Lead, Sales Engineering is to oversee the European Sales Engineering team and to support sales teams with solutions for our customers. They will collaborate with the Sales Enablement team and interact with key customer technical decision-makers to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address needs. They are responsible for achieving sales quotas together with Lightspeed's various Sales teams. The Team Lead Sales Engineering reports directly to the Sales Enablement Manager and functionally to the regional and global leads for the Sales Engineering department.
- Act as the Sales Engineering Team Lead and delegate tasks accordingly;
- oversee the European Sales Engineering initiatives and provide assistance to support the rest of the Sales Engineering team;
- monitor day to day operations and ensure smooth functioning of all activities;
- communicate clear process changes as instructed by the Manager to local Sales Engineers and ensure they are executed;
- provide technical coaching and professional development to Lightspeed’s sales team collaborating with the Sales Training department;
- collaborate with Product Management and Support teams on technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alert the sales teams to potential risks of deal closure;
- create and deliver one-on-one and group training for continuing employee development;
- coordinate staffing for tradeshows in Europe to make sure that we're fully staffed in all offices and have the best representation at our shows.
- You are a driven sales leader with pre-sales and leadership experience (5 years experience in Sales/ Pre-sales/ Product- management);
- experience in customer-facing activities in a B2B environment;
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience;
- experience providing technical solutions in a pre-sales or support role;
- ability to popularize technical information for a general audience;
- excellent written and spoken English (French, German, Dutch would be a plus);
- superior presentation skills;
- ability to travel frequently;
- keen eye for detail and quality;
- strong level of autonomy with the ability to drive projects with limited guidance;
- highly adaptable with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality;
- demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!