Lightspeed APAC in 2021
It's been one year since Kounta became Lightspeed, what’s changed?
Kounta is now Lightspeed
Eight years as Kounta
For close to a decade, we’ve been honoured to grow with the dynamic, creative, and ever-changing hospitality industry.
When Kounta first came to life, it was not unlike most other tech start-ups. We began with a team that was small – and a dream that was disproportionately bigger. And we wouldn’t have had it any other way.
And after eight years of immersing ourselves in the world of hospitality, growing alongside the industry, evolving our platform, and celebrating milestones – it was time for a change.
Kounta becomes Lightspeed APAC
As Kounta, we made the decision to join forces with Lightspeed in late 2019 – the one-stop commerce platform for merchants around the world to simplify, scale and provide exceptional customer experiences. It’s been over one year since we became Lightspeed, and we’re equally proud and humbled with what we’ve been able to achieve in this time.
Below are some key highlights that we want to share with you – and more than that we want to thank you. Thank you for being with us during our monumental moment, and for believing that great things will come.
The pandemic: hits & pivots
April 2020, a month that shook us all. With the core service (dining in) unavailable for most venues, the industry had little choice but to reinvent and adapt. At Lightspeed we were adapting, too. To support our community, the best way we knew how, we developed features to make pivoting easier.
- Lightspeed Delivery: so that delivery orders can be received like any other dine-in order with minimal disruption to workflows
- Lightspeed Ordering: digital menus for contactless ordering to order ahead or at the table with a QR code
- Regular masterclasses: to ensure that our customers knew how to implement these new features, we held weekly online training sessions with live demos and Q&As
The platform: fast & furious
Since then, we’ve continued to grow and develop our platform to support customers and pre-empt industry demands and needs. Below are a few of our ventures over the past year.
- Fast payments: the little lightning bolt goes straight to preferred payment method – one tap is all it takes
- Split payment by product: guests can split bills any way they like: by amount, by product – anything goes!
- Dynamic price lists: to schedule surcharges, add selective discounts & customise promotions based on venue
- Insights Live Lite: we wanted to empower all Lightspeed users with instant visibility on their data so we rolled out a free dashboard so business owners can easily track daily sales & live transactions on the go
The company: updates & milestones
We’ve also hit new company milestones, beyond the tech – as a team. We’ve been able to give back to the community and grow our pool of talent, both here in Australia and in Asia Pacific.
- Support team: grew over 30% and with the extra support we’ve been able to bring down our support chat response rate from 2 mins to 56 seconds!
- Account management (AM) team: not only has our AM team doubled in size, we also have dedicated members to seamlessly onboard new customers
- Community: as a global initiative, every Lightspeed employee was given upwards of $800 to spend on takeaways from customers’ venues during hard-hitting lockdowns
Where to next?
It’s been a rewarding year and while we’re thrilled to share what we’ve achieved since becoming Lightspeed, we can’t help but feel that we’re just scratching the surface. 2021 is going to be our greatest year yet; we can see it in our product roadmap and feel it in our growing pool of talent. Here’s to sharing our two year milestone with you – same time, next year!
Frequently asked questions.
Need to know a little more?