Why customers switch from H&L to Lightspeed
Businesses switch to Lightspeed for dedicated and fast support, advanced inventory and supplier management and constant innovation. Here's why customers switch from H&L to Lightspeed.
Benefits of Lightspeed vs. H&L for support
Lightspeed believes in a POS plus people approach with a dedicated team of hospitality experts who can provide advice, expertise and support. Here's why our customers love our support:
- 24/7 free support for your entire team
- Phone, email or chat support in minutes
- Dedicated customer success manager who acts as an extension of your team
- Priority support and training for enterprise and multi-site venues
Benefits of Lightspeed vs. H&L for management
Lightspeed makes it easy for you to find what you're looking for with a simple but powerful back office that gives you flexibility, control and insight into your business.
- Easily manage multiple areas or locations from one system
- Work with one provider for everything
- Countless integrations to connect to the systems you already love
- Detailed insights and into every area of your business with advanced reports
- Security, controls and alerts to keep your business secure
Benefits of Lightspeed vs. H&L for reporting
Make smarter business decisions with Lightspeed's reporting and business intelligence giving you more insight than ever before into how your business is performing.
- Access all your data in one place with POS, payments, inventory, online ordering and more in one system
- Create custom visual reports tailored to your business
- Understand trends and benchmarks across multiple locations
- Save time reporting with visual dashboards and scheduled reports
Benefits of Lightspeed vs. H&L for stock management
Managing stock, improving your margins and reducing variances across multiple areas, suppliers and products has never been easier.
- Full transparency into supplier orders with purchase order management
- Understand COGS, margin, wastage and more with tracking from order to prep
- Create consistency across staff and stores with a recipe repository and batch schedules
- Receive real-time updates on stock, sales, COGS and more
- Streamline admin with scheduled reports and the ability to restock to par in a few clicks
Benefits of Lightspeed vs. H&L for payments
POS and integrated payments in one system reduces payment headaches, speeds up service and gives you more insight.
- Access lower processing fees
- Reduce errors and save time with integrated payments
- Flexible surcharging and service charges
- Advanced bill splitting, giftcards, bar tabs and accounts
- Advanced accounting integrations
Benefits of Lightspeed vs. H&L for onboarding and set up
It's easy to switch to Lightspeed, save time, money and ensure your business is set for future growth.
- Intuitive design requires minimal training for front of house staff to start serving in minutes
- Dedicated onboarding and training team ensure your managers and team are guided every step of the way
- Flexible hardware options allow you to reuse suitable hardware you already have
- Advanced integrations allow you to streamline your systems and save time and money
Benefits of Lightspeed vs. H&L for multi locations
Easily manage multiple sites with advanced reporting, easy site customisation and fast, dedicated support.
- Lightspeed's intuitive design requires minimal training
- Ensure consistent quality every time with recipe repository and kitchen prep tools
- Encourage repeat visitors with email and sms marketing, loyalty, memberships and rewards
- Reach more customers and expand your offering with online ordering and delivery
- Understand trends with detailed reporting across all stores, staff, products and sales
"Beyond its ease of function and control which are fantastic, Lightspeed is leagues above any other platform for their customer service. The Lightspeed team are a joy to work with and always help find a solution to any question".-Ryan Butler, Lune Croissanterie
What is the cost difference between H&L and Lightspeed?
Switching to Lightspeed can offer significant cost savings for your business. As an all-in-one POS solution that offers POS, payments, marketing, loyalty, online ordering and more you can save significantly on the subscriptions and support you need for your business.
Lightspeed also offers free unlimited 24/7 support via phone, email or chat with a dedicated customer success manager as well as countless free integrations which can reduce many of the costs you need to get your systems working together.
Finally, the set up and onboarding costs of Lightspeed are significantly lower than H&L and even a large venue can save thousands with onboarding.
What is the difference in hardware between H&L and Lightspeed?
Lightspeed POS system is flexible and lets you use a wide range of hardware. Our software runs on IOS, Android or windows so you can use what you already have or buy the hardware that suits your business. This gives you flexibility and ensures you're not stuck with outdated hardware.
H&L has custom hardware that you buy outright and only works on windows devices.
See our hardware bundles and options here.
Can Lightspeed support franchise and multi-site requirements?
We can. In fact Lightspeed was built with multi-location venues in mind which makes it easy to manage multiple sites across all your business tools and see in-depth reporting on stores, staff and sales.
Lightspeed also has a dedicated Pro Services team who work with enterprise clients to set up priority lines, offer custom integration support and much more to ensure your POS works for you and your sites.
How can I get started with Lightspeed?
Getting started with Lightspeed is quick and easy. Speak to one of our experts and they can get you set up. Our support team can help with set up and menu build and express ship any hardware you require.
Which products does Lightspeed integrate with?
Lightspeed has an extensive library of free integrations to ensure all your systems work together from accounting to delivery to payroll. You can check out our integrations here.
How will Lightspeed support my business as it grows?
Lightspeed is built for every type of hospitality business with flexible plans to make it easy to adapt what you need as your business changes or grows.
Every account will work with a dedicated customers success manager who will provide advice, support and expertise and can act as an extension of your team as your business evolves.
We're here to support you grow.