The impact of Covid-19 has not only strained businesses, but also people. It has put a halt to the day-to-day operations and has confronted business owners with the extremely difficult decision of letting their staff go.
The restrictions, however, have also caused a big shift in the industry. There’s a spike in delivery orders but restaurants don’t have the right systems in place to manage the volumes of online orders; and there is also a shortage of people on the road to make those deliveries.
To support businesses to adapt to this shift, we have launched Lightspeed Delivery – an online ordering platform that is affordable, quick to set up, and directly integrates with your Lightspeed POS system.
And to support hospo staff, we have partnered with Drive Yello to create job opportunities in delivery for recently out-of-work hospitality employees.
Hit the Road with Lightspeed’s Delivery Partner: Drive Yello
Drive Yello is a last mile courier, and our delivery partner. To get out-of-work hospo staff back into hospitality, we’ve come together to provide pocket-friendly registrations and speedy onboarding.
90% off registration fee
Registration as a driver usually costs $49. But to help hospo staff who want to continue serving, our partnership with Drive Yello has reduced this cost by 90% to just $4.90.
Use the promo code: KEEPHOSPOALIVE during sign up.
To get people back on the road to employment, onboarding and approval is much quicker. It involves:
- Signing up with the code ‘KEEPHOSPOALIVE’
- Attending an online onboarding webinar – these are held twice a week on Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Once the onboarding is completed, and given that the criteria have been met (see below), your account will be activated on the same day
What are the Requirements?
To best manage the demand, this initiative will be unrolled in phases. At the time of writing, Drive Yello will be available for hospo staff anywhere, with a particular focus on the following areas:
- Sydney: Inner West, Eastern Suburbs & North Shore
- Melbourne: South East, Inner North & Inner East
- Brisbane: Fortitude Valley & Brisbane East
- Adelaide: Inner Adelaide
- (and other major cities soon)
What else is needed?
- A smartphone (iOS or Android)
- Personal ABN (Australian Business Number)
- A vehicle (car, motorbike, scooter)
- Insurance if you’re using a car/motorbike (minimum of Third Party Property Damage Insurance if you’re using a car); and
- A clean police check
To get started, sign up on our delivery partner’s page: Drive Yello.
Please use the code ‘KEEPHOSPOALIVE’ to receive 90% off your registration fee and fast-tracked onboarding.
News you care about. Tips you can use.
Everything your business needs to grow, delivered straight to your inbox.